Thank you for your generous support of Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge. Below are the ways in which you can give through endowments. Your generosity contributes to the miracles happening at Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge – thank you!
Gifts of Stock and Securities
Gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other appreciated assets are a strategic way to support MnTC while securing tax benefits to maximize your support. By donating these assets to MnTC, you can avoid capital gain taxes that would be required if you sold them.
To donate via stocks and other assets, please download the Stock Transfer Form below, and mail it back to us:Download Stock Transfer Form
Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge
Attn: Donor Accounts Coordinator
740 E 24th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55404
For additional information, please contact Barry Haglund, Director of Planned Giving at 612-238-6182 or Barry.Haglund@mntc.org.
Legacy For Hope
Offer hope for generations to come by including MnTC in your estate planning. You can do this in a variety of ways, including bequests through a will or trust, IRA or 401(k) retirement benefit plan assets, or other types of appreciated property.
Your example of legacy giving not only provides a firm foundation of support, but also makes a significant statement of your dedication and values. We hope this inspires your family members and community to unite and take a stand against the devastating impacts of addiction.
If you would like to learn more about creating a legacy gift as part of your estate please contact JJ Slag for more information or fill out our Legacy for Hope interest form below:
Legacy for Hope Interest Form
Ten Things You Can Do to Leave a Legacy Gift to MnTC
1. Prepare a will. Fewer than 50 percent of people who pass away have one. Without a will, you lose control of the assets you worked a lifetime to build.
2. Leave a gift in your will for MnTC Endowment and other organizations that have made a difference in your life. Fewer than six percent of American households have included a nonprofit organization in their estate plans.
3. In your will, consider leaving a percentage of your estate to the MnTC Endowment.
4. Consider using assets as your charitable gift. These can be stocks, bonds, retirement benefit plan assets, etc. Such gifts may provide tax savings as well as a charitable gift.
5. Name MnTC Endowment as the beneficiary of your individual retirement account, 401(k) or pension plan.
6. If you own a life insurance policy, consider renaming MnTC Endowment as the beneficiary.
7. Encourage family members and friends to leave gifts to MnTC Endowment in their wills and help them establish a relationship with a qualified estate planner.
8. Ask your professional advisor to include gifts to MnTC Endowment (and other nonprofits) in his or her counsel to other clients.
9. Purchase a new life insurance policy, naming MnTC Endowment as the beneficiary.
10. Learn more about leaving your legacy at MnTC Endowment. Please call Barry Haglund at 612-238-6182.