COVID-19 UPDATE: Continued Measures to Combat Coronavirus- June 8, 2020
At Mn Adult & Teen Challenge, we care deeply about our community and the health and well-being of our clients. We continue to closely monitor developments associated with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and to take all necessary steps to ensure the ongoing well-being of our clients, staff, and any visitors to our facilities. We are still admitting new clients in need of treatment, with necessary protocols and quarantine plans in place throughout our campuses.
To safeguard the health of all involved, we have been following guidelines and recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Minnesota Department of Health. Based on these guidelines the following safety measures are currently in place:
- Screening: Daily health screening of all clients and staff.
- Sanitation and cleaning practices: We have posted information about hand-washing, and provided each facility with CDC-approved cleaning and sanitation products.
- Masks and social distancing: Staff must wear masks at all times when in client buildings. Clients wear masks when in proximity of others and during internal group events.
- Visitations: Outdoor visitations for family members and friends are being allowed on an appointment-only basis. Dates and times vary by program and location.
- Telehealth services: All out-patient treatment services have been shifted to a telehealth platform so that anyone in need of chemical dependency treatment and counseling services can receive the help they need from the comfort of their homes.
- Restricted client movement: We are providing all CD treatment, mental health services, spiritual care, and other activities in the clients’ primary residential building.
- External appointments: External client appointments for medical, legal, and other needs are being addressed on a case by case basis per our policies
- New clients: We are accepting new clients at all facilities. New clients are screened for symptoms to ensure they are healthy at the time of admission.
- External activities: External group activities for all clients are taking place only if social distancing protocols may be fulfilled.
- Special events: Special events, such as church visits, professional conferences, and fundraising efforts are now taking place virtually, or on a modified basis, to ensure the integrity of social distancing protocols.
- Medical staff: Medical personnel are on site at all building for ongoing daily monitoring of the health of our client community.
- Communication: We have established communication processes to keep all staff members informed of changing conditions and requirements.
- Diligence: We continue to comprehensively assess all practices and operations to ensure that our control plan is sound and continues to be in compliance with healthcare guidelines.
We will continue to review all updates from our local health authorities as well as from the WHO and CDC. We will also continue to assess our infection control and prevention procedures to ensure that they are effective and consistent with the best practices as established by these organizations. For more information contact COVID19@mntc.org.
How you can help:
- Make homemade face mask for our clients. Learn More
- Pray for our staff and clients.