The natural question for any prospective client, family member, donor or official to ask about the Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge addiction treatment and recovery programs is "Do they work"?
The evidence is found in the stories of our current clients, our graduates and most importantly, research studies which have been done on the efficacy of the MnTC program.
Although treatment outcomes are notoriously difficult to measure and compare, independent research by Wilder Research has demonstrated MnTC’s effectiveness using a broad range of measures.
For example, in their study of 154 former clients who graduated between 2007 and 2009:
• 74 percent of adult program graduates reported no use in the previous six months
• 58 percent had attended school since graduating
• 77 percent were either working 30+ hours a week or were a full time student
• 80+ percent rated the overall quality of MnTC as “outstanding” or “very good.”
• When asked to name what helped most, the faith-based aspects of the program were mentioned most frequently.
For more about these results or how they were measured, see the full results summary here.